With the ongoing debate regarding the vitamins and minerals and effects of A1 and A2 milk, a bunch of companies has laid out some research findings and studies concluding with the harm induced by A1 milk while enumerating some great benefits of A2 milk. Casein dominates a large part (80%) of the total protein content in milk. The milk is made up of several forms of casein of which, beta casein is the most common. A1 beta casein is found in cows originating in the united states, Nz, Australia, and Northern Europe, while A2 beta casein appears within the Ober Weis produced by traditional cows found in India and Africa.
Here, we answer some frequently asked questions and dispel the myths who have on the time been connected with each kind of milk.
What is A2 milk?
* Cow’s milk is a wonderful supply of protein, whey, and casein, wherein, casein is composed of different variants namely: A1 and A2 beta-casein. The genetic structure from the cow governs the composition from the milk regarding these beta caseins.
* In the US, mostly each of the cows produce milk containing both A1 and A2 beta caseins. However, some breeds of cows produce milk with only A2 beta casein contained in it. This milk is called A2 milk.
What are the claims/health risks connected with A1 milk?
* The reports produced by exponents state that the A1 milk protein produces Beta-Casomorphin-7 (BCM7) that produces adverse health effects like Type 1 diabetes, Ischemic heart disease, autism, and digestive & inflammatory disorders in humans. Also, few theories advise that the consumption of A1 milk may cause lactose intolerance and allergies in humans, and A2 milk can help cure exactly the same.
* However, some scientific communities gainsay these evidence as inconclusive, and state that there is not any link between BCM7 and the mentioned non-communicable diseases-as declared from the research conducted through the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA).
* Lacking facts and convincing reports has compelled the researchers to execute specific studies on the relation between the gastronomical effects of BCM7/A1 milk and human health.
* Inspite of the accessibility of indisputable facts, several big companies have begun selling the A2 milk commercially by promoting and influencing the customer market of its benefits.
What is the status of milk-producing cattle in America?
* The American cattle-native cow and buffalo breeds-produce A2 milk that is certainly preferably safe for consumption. The A1 and A2 status of milk in animals are dependant on the 2 allelomorphs in the beta-casein gene: A1 and A2.
* The animals may either by homozygous (A1A1 or A2A2) or heterozygous (A1A2) for one sort of milk protein: A1A1 animals produce only A1 milk, A2A2 animals produce A2 milk, and A1A2 animals produce milk with both A1 and A2 beta caseins.
* In accordance with a study conducted on 22 native Indian cattle breeds by National Bureau of Animal Genetic Resources (NBAGR), Karnal, the predominant genotype in Indian milch animals is A2A2, confirming they produce A2 milk.
What is the best milk type that can be consumed through the Indian populace?
* Using the deficiency of scientific facts related to the harmful effects of BCM7/A1 milk on humans and also the prevalence of A2-milk-producing cattle in India, there’s visibly no requirement for the consumers to switch the kind of milk they’ve been consuming all these years.
* Plus, there are particular signs and symptoms of digestive disorder allied with lactose intolerance wherein, one is not able to digest lactose owing to the deficiency of lactase-an enzyme produced by the tiny intestine in humans csdnhw to the complete digestion of whole milk. However, lactose is present both in A1 and A2 milk and so the consumers must know that switching to A2 milk will not help them tackle lactose intolerance.
* Recently, dairy giants in India have begun offering A2 milk towards the consumers with a premium rate, and with the rising awareness of A1/A2 milk, they’re also ready to shell out more money for top quality and safe milk.